Office Renovation FSSD Submission
What is FSSD or BCA Submission in Singapore?
Before the commencement of any Office/Commercial/Retail Renovation works, it is a regulation in Singapore to apply for a Renovation permit from the building management, as well as other respective statutory authorities such as FSSD (Fire Safety and Shelter Department) from Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and BCA (Building and Construction Authority).
SCDF FSSD and BCA Submissions and Approvals from the authorities usually take time and if you are not familiar with the procedures, it may affect your Renovation schedules.
In the worst-case scenario, if any Renovation works do not comply with the FSSD or BCA regulations and general guidelines, it is likely to generate more reworks which you will certainly incur more cost and time!
Fire Safety Shelter Department (FSSD) or Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) is the key authority to be cleared for all renovation and fit-out works.
This applies to various types of units including retail shops, restaurants, kiosks, amenities (e.g. gyms, dance studios), education center (e.g. tuition center, nursery), offices, clinics, etc.
Submission to FSSD or SCDF will be required in various scenarios such as:
- Changes to layout plan of the unit
- Changes to ownership of a unit
- Sub-division of tenancy unit or combination of tenancy units
- Change of use
If any of this applies to you, a submission to FSSD/SCDF in Singapore will be required. Despite having that said, there are various types of submissions that are required based on different works. For Example
- If you’re adding a partition to an existing office or retail unit, a Minor Addition & Alteration (MAA) could be done while complying with certain SCDF restrictions.
- If you’re having a change of use to the existing unit or having partitioning works for a restaurant, a full submission will be required, which will minimally include Building Plan (BP) Submission and an inspection by SCDF Registered Inspector. Should there be changes to the Fire Protection System (FP) or Mechanical Ventilation System (MV), separate submission and inspections will be required. This will grant a Fire Safety Certificate (FSC) after approval from SCDF.
As a good guide, MAA submission will take 3 weeks for approval, while Full Submission will take 2 months for approval. However, we strive to improve the quality of our services and ensure approvals are obtained as fast as possible to facilitate your business planning.
If you’re unsure whether your fit-out works require submission to FSSD/SCDF in Singapore, please reach out to us and we can provide accurate advice to meet your business needs.
We have served hundreds of clients and have completed countless submissions. Talk to us for hassle-free service in obtaining SCDF approval now. We will ensure All forms, documents/information are fully and correctly completed upon submission to avoid rejection. This will in turn free up your valuable resource/time to focus on your business operations.
Let us help you to Reduce Your Overhead on FSSD & BCA Submissions
At Reno360, we have a team of experienced project managers/designs who are well versed in the FSSD & BCA Submission procedures, guidelines, and requirements.
We shall ensure all documents developed per guidelines to get successful approvals. We can certainly alleviate your logistical and administrative burden of these FSSD/BCA submissions in Singapore to enable you to focus on your projects.
Engage us for your office Renovation service now and we could help you with these FSSD & BCA documents and submissions as one critical step to start your renovation works as soon as possible to meet your timeline/goals.