Office Renovation Plan
Resource and project planning in the early stages of an Office Renovation project helps to have a successful start of an office renovation project. It can be an easier journey if you are aware of the basic procedures before you get help from a design and renovation team to assist you in carrying out the project. Here’s a brief guide to help you get started.
- Obtain feedbacks and suggestions from your colleagues and management on their thoughts about the existing office design, traffic & work flows, storage and if they have any requests or suggestions for the new office operation and designs. If possible, conduct a survey to check if they are happy with the current setup and why?
- Analyse and do a summary list on the existing office furniture, equipments and fixtures that you intent to salvage over to the new office. This include taking into consideration if the items are possible to recycle. In addition, a chart or design brief that shows the new office requirements will help you and the designer in the Office space planning. The list should includes the number of workstations, meeting rooms, data room, breakout area or just a pantry cabinet. You may need to add a reception area as necessary.
- Any new lists of furniture or technology that your management require to add must be in the design brief too. For example, new IT technology like a bigger server room, additional work desk and manager rooms for future Office expansion, filing improvements etc.
- Does your new office have a theme or cooperate colours in mind? Colourful, Zen, Classic or a Modern look. This helps to built up the business image and operation prospects and create a design approach.
- What is the budget for the renovation? This helps the designer to work along your budget to avoid extra costs.
- The renovation time schedule? Usually starts with date that the new office must be ready and work backwards. Be sure to allow time for concept proposal and renovation work. The designer or contractor should be able to advise on a realistic time frame. Hence engaging a renovation team early benefits the company.
These high level pointers above should help you in kick starting your Office Renovation planning. Alternatively, it is also a wise choice to engage the professionals or contact The Office Renovation Specialist team in Singapore for their services to eliminate all hassles especially if resource and timeline is a constraint.